Do you know which dangerous food ingredients to watch out for in your groceries..?!
They can directly promote:
- Outrageous food cravings
- Obesity and Diabetes 2
- Heart disease
- And even birth defects.
Here is a list of most harmful food additives:
1. Neurotoxic flavor enhancers, known also as group of E 620 - E 640 food additives, Glutamate based flavor enhancers, another name MSG, Monosodium Glutamate, UMAMI - that make junk food taste good and making us addicted to food like Dorito chips. Contains in almost all fast food burgers, ketchup, dressing, all process and junk food without no exceptions. MSG operates on the brain, fooling it into thinking food tastes really great. It over stimulates the brain causing the production of excessive amounts of Dopanime hormones. It is highly addictive, causing its consumers to keep coming back for more and end up overeating . It inhabits natural growth hormone and dramatically promotes irreversible obesity.
The term MSG is rare seen listed on a food label. In addition to E 620 - E640 it could be hidden under names as: free glutamate, under-hydrolyzed vegetable protein, autolyzed vegetable protein, textured vegetable protein, hydrolyzed yeast extract, autolyzed yeast extract, plant protein extract, sodium caseinate, calcium caseinate, yeast extract, textured whey protein, and textured soy protein. Even the innocuous terms spice and natural flavor can hide the presence of MSG .
2. Trans Fat or Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil: considered by many doctors to be the worst type of fat you can eat; raises your LDL ("bad") cholesterol and lowers your HDL ("good") cholesterol. The oils used to cook French fries and fried chicken in the United States consist of about 40% trans fats, and the amount increases when the cooking oil is heated.
Trans fats, formed during hydrogenation, are actually toxic substances for our cell membranes . When our cells contain an overabundance of trans fats, the cells become leaky and distorted . This can promote vitamin and mineral deficiencies .
Research indicates trans fats cause comparatively more weight gain than the same diet with monounsaturated fats and a redistribution of body fat tissue to the abdominal area, the riskiest place to carry extra padding. Additionally, they’re associated with inflammation and atherosclerosis .
3. Pesticides. Many experts claim that less than 10% of pesticides have been tested to have very little major effect on humans but that said, pesticides accumulate in our bodies over time and in fact 99% of mothers’ milk in the United States, for example, contains dangerous levels of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT). All of us also have measurable levels of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxin, heptachlor, chlordane, aldrin, dieldrin, and other pesticides in our bloodstream. And since our bodies cannot remove these chemicals, over time, they weaken our endocrine, reproductive, circulatory, immune, and central nervous systems .
As a result, our likelihood of having heart disease, cancer, and allergies is greatly increased. Pesticide accumulation also undermines our ability to resist infectious organisms, may impair fertility, and contributes to miscarriages and birth defects . Common pesticide would mess up with bees ability to pollinate plants.
Therefore, we recommend Chlorella, in order to clean your body from Pesticides.
Recent big scandal surrounded " Roundup" herbicides that is broadly used in crop production and lead to serious problems with the liver and kidneys, and acts as a " hormone hacker " – in other words, it creates "imbalances in the synthesis of steroid hormones in male rats." It is potentially cancer-causing, “increased risks for non-Hodgkin lymphoma ”.
4. Artificial flavors and coloring: these ingredients are made from petroleum and are linked to several health issues like hyperactivity in children, allergies and asthma. They are easy to spot on the label because the FDA requires it. However, ingredients like caramel coloring can fool you into thinking this ingredient is a real food. Most industrial caramel coloring is created by heating ammonia and is considered a carcinogen when created this way.
- E100 - are generally colours .
- E200 to E282 - are mainly preservatives and acids.
- E300 to E341 are mainly antioxidants and acid regulators.
- E400 include emulsifiers, stabilisers, thickeners, anti-caking agents, release agents and bulking agents.
For example, E 250, Sodium Nitrite -- potentially causes cancer, found in processed meats like hot dogs, bacon, sausage. Used to make meats appear red (a color fixer chemical).
The new WHO (World Health Organization) report classified processed meat as carcinogenic alongside arsenic and asbestos .
The WHO said eating just 50 g of processed meat a day – less than one sausage – increases the risk of bowel cancer by 18% .
Spraying of meat with bacteriophages. The spray intended to battle and to destroy the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria is a reasonably nasty bacteria found in soil, water and the intestines of food-producing animals. Animals who carry listeria can spread it to meat, dairy products or to other products that roll around a processing plant en route to your plate.
5. Dough Conditioners or Flour treatment agent (mainly group of E 900 additives). These are unnecessary in traditional bread making and only make the process faster and cheaper for the food industry to make bread in big machinery. Many dough conditioners like azodicarbonamide (which is banned in many countries), DATEM, monoglycerides, diglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate are linked to health issues.
L-Cystein is used in Bagels, Croissants, Hard Rolls, Cake Donuts (from human hair in Dunkin Donut’s cake donuts only, Yeast raised donuts do not contain L-Cysteine), Pita Bread, some Crackers and Melba Toast. It is traditionally produced from feathers, pig bristles and human hair, the cheapest source for L-cysteine. Diabetics should be aware that there are some reports that it may interfere with insulin.
E924, Potassium bromate, that is act as strengthen the dough and to allow higher rising, is classified as a Group 2B carcinogen. Potassium bromate is also illegal in the European Union, Canada, Brazil, but still broadly used in the US and many other counties, because it causes cancer ( kidneys, thyroid and other organs) in rats and mice. Potassium bromate also has the potential to disrupt the genetic material within cells.
California is the only state to have taken any measures to warn residents of the dangers associated with this chemical, placing potassium bromate on its Proposition 65 list, which means that products that contain it must carry a cancer warning on their labels .
6. Soft Drinks, Sport Drinks and Sugar Sweetened Beverages, refined sugar with aspartame:
So you’re probably thinking well diet soda may be calorie free or nearly calorie free so there should be no problem, right? Wrong...
While diet sodas may have little to no calories listed their are potential health issues that may arise from day after day intake. Diet sodas (whether labeled diet, light, or promoted with 5 or 10 calories) contain artificial sweeteners . Studies have shown these sweeteners to disrupt the body’s natural way to signal satiety ( fullness ) through the neurotransmitter serotonin . When sugar is consumed, serotonin responds normally helping signal the body to shut off your appetite when full.
E951, Aspartame, is around 200 times sweeter than sugar, weight for weight, disrupt this communication and can leave the body thinking it is still hungry when it is actually full-resulting in undesired weight gain. Other related to neurotransmitters diseases are Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Multiple Sclerosis, Lou Gherig’s, Huntington’s, Tourette’s, Stroke, Epilepsy, Meningitis, Headaches/Migraines, Bell’s Palsy, Autism, Autoimmune Disorders, Sleep Disorders, and more...
7. Acrylamide : FDA, EFSA calls Acrylamide “a public health concern”. Acrylamide has been found in certain foods, with especially high levels in potato chips, French fries, cereals, baby food, crackers, bread, dried fruits and even coffee.
Frying, baking, roasting and broiling are the methods that create the most acrylamide, while boiling, steaming, and microwaving appear to generate less.
Regarding that morning cup of coffee ... it’s usually found at higher levels in light roasts because it forms during the first minutes of roasting and then degrades as the roasting process continues... so, darker roasts may lower your exposure.
120°C (248°F) seems to be the temperature above which more acrylamide forms. Foods heated to below it or less do not seem to contain the chemical.
Storing potatoes in the fridge can increase the amount of Acrylamide that forms when they’re cooked, so keep potatoes outside of the refrigerator in a dark, cool place, such as a closet or a pantry. Soak potato slices in water for 15-30 minutes before cooking to reduce the amount of acrylamide that will form.
Studies are showing that diets high in Acrylamide can cause DNA mutations that increase the risk of tumor growth and the spread of cancer cells.
8. GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms). GMOs are plants or animals that have had their DNA modified . In the US, the majority of the corn, soybean, cotton, and canola crops are now genetically modified, and one or more of these can be found in nearly every processed food. Testing that has been done in the past has shown GMOs can increase f ood toxicity, allergy susceptibility, immune suppression, resistance to antibiotics, and the incidence of cancer but testing has been stopped for many reasons to suppress the national media “frenzy” until there is a national (or military) policy regarding food in US and subsequent food shortages that may take place if GMO foods/plants were stopped
Have we missed something important..??!
Feel free to add to the list your "favorite" food additives, :)